I got to page 11

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jannes
    Participant

I understand a slowly changing signal is harder to measure. I think I also understand that that if you have a very high signal in two axial directions (like in the notes g_{\parallel} and g_{\bot}) the signal in between these angles appears to be smaller and harder to measure. I do not however understand why this means it is difficult to estimate the concentration of (impurities in) EPR samples. I do not really see the relation between the two. I also do not understand why this would mean you would view the sample as more isotropic. You would still see the peaks in different orthogonal directions with the right heights I think. You would just miss the parts in between that do not contribute that much to the anisotropy.

#3921 Score: 0
    Clara
    Participant

I think looking at Fig.8 can help. On the absorption spectra you clearly see that the maximal absorption peaks are at around the same intensity/height. But when looking at the lower spectra of the absorption derivative, the line that crosses zero in the isotropic case is a bit longer than that for the largest line in the axial case for example. So if you read only these latter spectra, you would think that the absorption for the isotropic case is more intense, but we can actually see in the absorption spectrum that this is not the case! Thus the line that crosses zero in the absorpion derivative spectrum can give a wrong impression.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.