* Small with respect to the atom
* Positively charged
* Consists of positive protons and neutral neutrons (baryons)
* Different elements have a different number of protons in the nucleus (Z)
* Different isotopes of an element have a different number of neutrons in the nucleus (N)
* Has a mass number = Z + N
* Isotopes can be stable or unstable. An unstable nucleus can decay, by sending out radiation.
This topic was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by Brent Van Neste. Reason: Forgot to add last property before submitting