Several quadrupole moments

homepage Forums problems about the nuclear moment database Several quadrupole moments

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    r0708518
    Participant
    1 pt

Hello! On the website of IAEA I managed to find the 245 keV level in 111 Cd, but I find that there are several values for Q in the table: why are there multiple values?

Thanks for the help and kind regards.

#3341 Score: 0
    Johanna Waltenspiel
    Participant

Hi,

I think the multiple values are the results obtained by different people using different methods. At the very right of the table under doi you can find links to the papers where the values were presented.

Regards Johanna

#3344 Score: 0
    r0708518
    Participant
    1 pt

Thanks for the reply! I was thinking the same thing, but how should I interpret this? Shouldn’t this be a precisely defined quantity? There is some range on the reported values, so it seems hard to mention a single value as “the” correct value.

#3351 Score: 0
    Art Willems
    Participant

I agree that the different studies give different values for the quadrupole moment. Anyway, IAEA seems to make a difference between the compiled values of the moments and the recommended ones. It seems that all the data are up to evaluation and that the publication cut-off only selects one of them. If you go to the levels tab, and you enable “comments”, then you can see that different data are available.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.